How to Audit and Improve Your Business Online Presence
I know putting yourself out there can be scary, and that’s what you’ve done when you launched your brand and website. It can feel really vulnerable to have a piece of you that you’ve worked so hard on out in the world. You know your business’s online presence can be critical to your success – so what if it isn’t converting like you thought it would? What if now that it’s been out in the world you’re realizing it doesn’t feel as perfectly YOU as you thought it did? That’s why we’ve created a detailed FREE Brand and Web Audit. It provides a step-by-step guide to help businesses like yours assess and improve their brand and website.
The assessment consists of four key improvement areas. Each focusing on a different aspect of your online presence: brand identity, website functionality, content, and overall user experience. By following the steps in the assessment, you’ll can gain a deeper understanding of your brand and website’s strengths and weaknesses and make informed decisions on how to improve them.
Brand identity includes your logo, colors, typography, and overall messaging.
The assessment asks questions like:
- Can your audience look at a piece of your work and immediately recognize it as yours without searching based on the brand?
- Do you feel very confident your brand embodies the heart of your business?
- Do you feel empowered by your brand to show up unapologetically or do you find yourself shying away from showing up?
By evaluating these elements, and many more, you can ensure that you brand accurately reflects your values and resonates with your target audience.
The second section of the assessment delves into your website’s functionality.
It asks questions such as:
- Do you have strategic funnels set up on your site to lead your audience to where they need to end up?
- Is each page interactive and engaging?
- Are you tracking analytics and/or using heat maps?
By addressing these issues, you can improve the user experience. Making it easier for your potential customers to find the information they need.
The third topic focuses on the content of your website, including copy, images, and video.
It asks questions like:
- Can your audience recognize a caption, blog, or your website copy as yours because your brand voice is consistant across all platforms?
- Does your website copy specifically address your audience’s pain points?
- Do your products and/or services showcase how you help solve their pain points?
By ensuring that your content is high-quality and aligned with your brand identity, you can attract and engage potential customers.
Overall User Experience
The final topic in the assessment evaluates the overall user experience of your website. Including the call-to-action, forms, and customer service.
It asks questions such as:
- Is your website easy to use?
- Have you included easy to digest social proofs to show your ability and build trust?
By addressing these issues, you can ensure that your website provides a positive experience for potential customers.
With this freebie you’ll gain a deeper understanding of your strengths and weaknesses to make informed decisions on how to improve them. We believe that every business deserves a beautiful and effective online presence, and the Brand and Web Audit is the first step towards achieving that goal.